Tagged. This gives me something to blog about, so I won't complain too much.
Twenty-one random things about myself-
1. As a child, I couldn't pronounce my other, longer name- and so I spliced together the first and last syllables and called myself 'Nina', which stuck.
2. People often think I'm naive and innocent. This usually works to my advantage.
3. I completely fail to see the point of spending vast sums of money on jewellery. No, the "Oh, it's an investment" argument doesn't quite cut it.
4. The other day, some nutjob sent me via fax to my uncle's office, a marriage proposal written in chaste Malayalam.
5. I've wanted to visit Mt.St.Helens ever since I saw a picture of it in The Living Planet, at age five or six. Finally did, last summer. I was thrilled to bits.
6. My family has more than its fair share of loonies, drunks and runaways and mediums who operate the ouija board. Much entertainment, therefore.
7. I love gossip. Always have. Ever since I can remember.
8. I hate, hate, HATE shopping for clothes. I'd much rather differentiate under the integral sign.
9. But I really like shopping for shoes.
10. I prefer buying second-hand books to new. Hard bound.
11. I'm completely fascinated by cyclones.
12. I have a huge crush on Hugh Laurie. Well, House MD, actually.
13. This is as hard as it looks.
14. I still know an embarrassing amount about Hindi cinema- especially the love lives of stars and starlets from the mid-nineties, because my loo reading during this period was Stardust.
15. I find it very difficult to tell people off. When I do manage to, I feel quite pleased with myself.
16. I went and watched midnight screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween a couple of years ago. My friend and I were the only ones who were sober and not in fancy dress.
17. I think you stop making good friends once you leave college.
18. My great-grandfather ran away from home because of his step-mother's cruelty. He somehow ended up in Colombo where he made his fortune. Sounds like a cliche, but true story.
19. I wish I'd cut more classes in college.
20. I derive great pleasure from electrocuting mosquitoes. GREAT. Is that bloodlust?
21. I've been told that swearing doesn't suit me. That doesn't really stop me, though.
Anyone out there foolhardy enough to take this up, feel free.